Wednesday, April 28, 2010

FINDERS KEEPERS

Hey Everyone! I am more than ever convinced that we have got to change our way we think of food! I am beginning to see myself as Mel Gibson on Conspiracy Theory. What???? DO you think it is weird that I lock up my coffee? :)

Anyways, I watched POV_Food, Inc. CRAZY!!! Thanks Ashlie for the link.....

www.pbs.org/pov/foodinc/photo_gallery_watch.php

I began researching local meats....I found place called Peaceful Pastures. They may a delivery at Good Shepard each month. They have a CSA plan that seems interesting. I may go there and purchase some meat and try it out. I have never had goat meat before, so I am a little nervous to sign up for a month supply that may include it. I will let you know what I find.

http://www.peacefulpastures.com/csa.html

Also, here is a helpful link.

http://foodnews.org/EWG-shoppers-guide-download-final.pdf

Anyways, post any cool finds, local produce, articles that you locate. I want this blog to be a source of information for us all! I want us all to feel empowered for the sake of our families!!!

BTW.....if you see me mysteriously placing mail in different drops around Cookeville, just smile and wave! HA!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info Terri. The CSA link is slightly off and does not work. There should be a / before csa rather than a .

    http://www.peacefulpastures.com/csa.html

    (Sorry that's what geeks like me are here for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.localharvest.org/member/M34456

    Check out this link on Local Harvest. He emailed me back and said that he is at the Cookeville Farmer's Market on Fridays from 8-1. His name is Randy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.grassorganic.com/ (is a small family owned farm producing and selling Organic and grassfed beef, lamb, goat, pork, poultry, eggs, raw milk cheese, and livestock. I know they deliever every saturday to the Franklin Farmers Market, or you can have it shipped to your door (extra of course).
    Sissy, I am excited to see you doing this! Eating Organic/natural/wholesome food can be done on a budget! I have been doing it now for about two weeks, and have actually saved money! It takes a lot of planning, preparing, and thinking...but the benefits are GREAT! I highly encourage Everyone to watch, "Food Inc." it really changed the way I will look at food for teh rest of my life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any time you want to experiment with any kind of food... give me a call. I'm so there.

    ReplyDelete